A MUST read for:
Meet the Editor:
Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D.
Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D., has edited The Teaching Professor since 1987.
Dr. Weimer teaches communication courses at Penn State Berks, where she is a Professor of Teaching and Learning. In 2005 she won Penn State’s Milton S. Eisenhower award for distinguished teaching. Dr. Weimer has consulted with over 300 colleges and universities on instructional issues, and regularly keynotes national meetings and regional conferences. Dr. Weimer’s Ph.D. is in Speech Communication from Penn State.
The Teaching Professor Newsletter
An acclaimed newsletter devoted to the art and science of better teaching
The source of cutting-edge information — and inspiration — for more than 10,000 educators!
The Teaching Professor helps you:
- Overcome obstacles to effective teaching
- Stay abreast of the latest pedagogical research
- Hear what’s working for colleagues “in the trenches”
- Hone your skills and stay on top of teaching innovations
- Truly connect with your students
The Teaching Professor is a lively, informative newsletter with a singular purpose: to provide ideas and insight to educators who are passionate about teaching.
With each issue, The Teaching Professor delivers thought-provoking and inspirational articles on a wealth of critical topics. Brief and to the point, it covers such subjects as:
- Student-centered learning
- Mentoring new and adjunct faculty
- Overcoming student apathy
- Energizing and re-inspiring experienced faculty
- Integrating new technology
- Responding to course evaluations and feedback
Recently in The Teaching Professor…
So far this year, we’ve tackled some fascinating subjects. Here’s just a small sampling of articles from recent issues:
- Role Reversal: Learning from a Master Teacher
- An Assignment that Prevents Plagiarism
- Engaging Students in Argument
- Using Clickers Effectively: A Research-Based Tip
- Making the Most of Fieldwork Learning Experiences
- Teaching Circles: A Low-Cost, High-Benefit Way to Engage Faculty
Bonus benefits for online subscribers
Choose the online version of The Teaching Professor and enjoy these extras:
- Free access to our full archive of back issues
- Convenient search capabilities
- Easy login to your subscription wherever you have a Web connection
- One extra issue
Available online or in print -
Review the Executive Summary for subscription options including Group Online Subscription.
Share this newsletter with your entire staff with a Group Online Subscription.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.